Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Getting Started...

The past couple of months the Lord has been taking me through a growing period. Not sure where this will lead but He's definitely got my attention. He tells us in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future". This verse has really been prominent and I know He is reminding me that no matter how hard our struggles have been in past years, He has not forgotten us. And He has gotten us through the really tough times.

See, here's a little history for you regarding our son who is now eight. Well there were many doctors who didn't think he had a strong outlook but God had other plans. Our son Joshua was born premature at 24 weeks. He suffered a grade IV brain hemorrhage his first day of life. God held that little boy in his hands and has continued to do so ever since. He has ceberal palsy, epilepsy and is on the autism spectrum. Life isn't exactly easy or what we had planned but life is good. I can't imagine a day without Joshua. He laughs, he runs and jumps and talks and well he's a lot like most other little boys except he had a really rough start and is catching up the best that he can. Will my son be healed? I guess that depends on how you look at it. Each day is a gift from God. He knows the plans He has for him...plans for a hope and a future. God is good!

1 comment: